slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Yahoo!

Sub 55 10k - check.

In fact - pending official results - 54.27 - I am officially stoked!!

I was super anxious/nervous when I woke up this morning. I'm not sure why - but there you have it. I kindly had a lift up to North Head this morning which was great because somehow his way took half as long as my way did last time. hmmm...

I decided to leave my ipod with uncle dave but after the first mini loop I realised I needed it! So he kindly handed it over as I ran past. Lucky this is not triathlon - talk about outside assistance! From there there was no magic to it - I just had to stick to my pace for the first big lap and try and hold on for dear life on the second lap. And actually my pace picked up the second lap which is even better.

My Garmin measured the course long which I realised meant that I needed to pick the pace up because I couldn't rely on it. I thought I was well ahead of schedule but then the 55min pacer came past! He kindly dropped back to check up on me and pointed out that we could pick it up on the downhill ahead. I did and after about a k I got in front and managed to stay there till the end.

Some unreal runs this morning - Tigerangel was in amazing form. She took off immediately and Gnome said that she was scaring herself, but she is one lady who you know will hang on!! I have enjoyed running around the same pace as her for the last little while - but now she is off there is no stopping her! Go TA!!!

Also a couple of sub 40's - Horrie and Hamburglar - very nice work!!!

Was so nice to be back into it, and I just love catching up with everyone at the end. Makes the pain worth it :)

Yayyyyy!!!!!

(edit - splits were - 5.26, 5.27, 5.31, 5.20, 5.30, 5.30, 5.19, 5.08, 5.22, 5.10, 37s (the 138 m over that the garmin measured - apparently its probably that it gets confused in the little loop at the end and tries to make it a circle...)

18 Comments:

At 10:03 am, Blogger Becky O said...

Woo hoo!! Well done Ellie, congratulatons. A PB that was well deserved. You will have to go out and celebrate tonight ;)

 
At 10:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will only get faster from now on. Well done, good work.

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

Wicked! OH YEAH!

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger David Criniti said...

Well done dude, now for that sub 50! Remember, piece of piss! :-)

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Great stuff Ellie. You'll be taking chunks of that time soon. :)

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Great run Ellie! A PB is fantastic :)

 
At 3:24 pm, Blogger Roses said...

Congrats Ellie, I am not surprised you PB'ed. You have been "on fire" in training. Well done!

 
At 3:28 pm, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Ellie,

Awesome run today. I didn't realise it was such a big PB - you absolutely smashed it! Well Done!

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!! Feels great doesn't it.

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Congratulations on a fantastic run. I got a bit worried early on when I saw Peter and you weren't with him. Then I realised why, you were actually ahead of him. Well deserved as it is great to see all your recent hard work rewarded with such a great result. Now to keep building the momentum and not slacken off.

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You're also officially fast Ellie. Well done! Worth all the sweat :)

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Fantastic stuff Ellie!!! You sure romped it in. We all knew you could do it :-)

I found out the hard way not to trust my Garmin when racing - those few seconds make a difference.

 
At 8:44 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I'm really pleased you got your goal today.It's always a nice feeling when you achieve it.See you at the Half.

TA

 
At 8:46 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Congratulations Ellie, I'm so happy for you. That altitude training and your hard work has paid off nicely...and you'll only get quicker with more of the same :)

 
At 10:54 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Well done. Thats fantastic running. Keep pushing for that sub 50 and you will have Tigerangel worried.

 
At 8:59 pm, Blogger Dave said...

I'll join the throngs and add my congrats!!!

A tip on the Garmin, for Striders 10km races with accurate km markers I actually turn off the auto-split and hit the lap at each marker so I can monitor my pace against the planned schedule.

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger Jodi said...

Yay! What a great run race! Your splits are so even. Congratulations!

:-)

Jodi

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Woooooohoooooo Ellie what a fantastic result. You really are hitting a purple patch at the moment - keep it going and smash 50!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home