slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, April 29, 2007

practice makes perfect

firstly... no. i didn't do the 5k challenge yesterday as planned. I was hungover. but it was alright because so was Lorna :)

Today though was a whole new day and after an early night I felt spritely :) but nowhere near as spritely as on Wednesday... We went down to the city to have a run over the SMH course. I was surprised that I didn't think it was quite as bad as everyone makes out. Although I reckon that Hunter St will be painful on lap 2... We started at the Art Gallery and ran the Mrs Macquaries chair part before heading into the city. We did the loop around Argyle and Hickson Rd twice for good measure then headed back to the Gardens. All up I did 2hrs and we don't really know how far because the garmins kept losing reception. I forgot mine altogether. It was a nice easy pace, i reckon 18k? bit less maybe.

On the plus side I felt (and still feel) great after. I drank High5 the whole way round and didn't have any food for after but didnt get that awful feeling of suddenly having nothing left. Good news! And the knees had their moments during the run but the hip was fine and I feel better now than I have after a long run in ages!!!

PS - for the sydneysiders out there - how stunning is the weather today? my perfect running weather - cool, bright and sunny and a nice crisp breeze...

5 Comments:

At 12:59 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Ellie that is a great run - remember this time last year? You were reading about other people preparing for SMH and thinking "one day" - well "one day" is nearly here :) Great stuff mate.

 
At 1:11 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I think it's quite a nice course, and it's not Hunter Street but Argyle St which really hurt me when I did it. Great to see that you were feeling strong at the end though.

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Knowing you just did all that hill training I'm still freaking out about Hunter and Argyle St! It's all the unkown for me.

 
At 8:43 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Well done Ellie. I can see a good PB coming up. I must check out the course... can't remember if we do Argyle St a second time.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger miners said...

he he - that course is going to bite you BIG time on the day for saying that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home