slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

wednesday runs

have always been my favourites.

I made the decision a few days ago that running was going to be my main focus again and I have asked Sean to bump me back up to 6 days a week as of my next program. I feel good about that decision! I am going to try and ride and swim each once a week at least because I enjoy doing the shorter distance tris. Plus I have a bike that cost me a fortune :)

I have also decided to voluntarily seek out hills in all of my runs so as not to lose all the hill fitness I developed on camp.

I had a funny run this morning. I felt pretty good, and strong on the hills. The problem was, objectively I was running slowly. Slower possibly than before the camp! Now I know my legs are killing me cause of my strength session yesterday and there were a lot of hills in this run and the garmin didn't kick in for a few hundred metres... but still! i wanna go fast!

but other than that it felt ace :) 1hr and 8.6k.

The route I took was up the hill from home to the oxford st side of Centennial park. around the park and down York Rd till I hit Birrell St. Then I just followed Birrell st which has a big hill. So I went up it, and then down and down and down... which meant up and up and up... then down again and then up the last half of the York Rd hill then home. (hehe - that doesn't really add a lot to 'it was a hilly run' :)

4 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, Blogger miners said...

That camp summary was impressive - even if you did pull the pin on the last day. I reckon I would have pulled it a little earlier! 7x kms is one huge week E.

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I think Gronk used to use Birrell St for his hill reps.

 
At 2:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow very impressive camp summary and looks very hard work. Need to keep the intensity up and it looks like that is what you are doing. Great to see. Results will start to show the hard work soon.

 
At 6:27 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Ellie - hills are good for your Six Foot campaign too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home