slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, April 20, 2007

ouch

can i just say that I don't like the word niggle? i don't know why. it just sounds funny.

Anyway... yesterday at lunch I hit the gym again for my strength session. I realised soon that my knee hurt. It hurt when I lunged, so I changed it and did lunges where you just stay in the same position rather than stepping out into each lunge which is when it would hurt. It hurt when I did full squats so I paralysed myself by just doing deep pulses with the ball against the wall. It hurt when I did knee raises on a step but I just did them anyway cause it was quick.

So I didn't run this morning out of an abundance of caution. I will try and get in to see Gary the massage man but I am not holding my breath! I did do 100 push ups and 100 sit ups/ crunches etc. My arms are going to kill tomorrow. Not sure why I did that - just felt like it!

6 Comments:

At 3:56 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

Wise move, Ellie. You want to look after yourself after all of the recent training.

Glad that your running appears to be going well!

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Gnscon said...

can i just say that I don't like the work niggle?

What's a work niggle?

 
At 4:47 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i don't know what you are talking about...

:)

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Girlie push ups or real ones?

Niggle!

:-)

 
At 5:48 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Good luck with the grumpy knee Ellie.

Crunches ? Hope that wasn't the sound you made as you did them.

 
At 2:13 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

It was great to hear you enjoyed the training camp so much Ellie. I think you'll kick on nicely from that. Well done on the BRW as well. Thanks so much for your support before and after the marathon...I really appreciate it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home