slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

4 lap time trial

It was that time of the month again this morning - time trial day. I can't say that this is a favourite session of mine. Still I had a very definite goal for this morning. Do it at the pace I intend to run my 10k on Saturday - which is 5.30/km. Given that today was 5.7k and not 10 it was meant to be reasonably comfortable. Sean didn't know that was my plan. But it was the plan nonetheless.

I started out and consciously made myself slow down and not go out too hard and think I did that pretty successfully. I felt great at the end of the first lap and like I wasn't really puffing at all. The second lap felt pretty good too. Third lap was a bit harder, and the fourth was harder still, but that was because I decided that I was doing ok so I'd pick up the pace. I ended up home in 30.49 with 5.25 average pace. A good confidence booster, especially as Sean thought I looked like I was running a lot lighter and easier than I have before. Cool!

I just did a quick look back and my last 4 lap time trial in March (pre-camp) was 32.14 - so that is pretty good improvement I think! Especially as I was kind of deliberately holding back.

Noice.

all up 9.7 k for the day

6 Comments:

At 12:02 pm, Blogger miners said...

yes - very noice. Great to see when these improvements occur. And really, next time you shouldn't have to worry about the PTTT if you're going to set PBs every time you get there :)

 
At 1:16 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Very nice indeedy - all looks good for a great 10k on Saturday Ellie.

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Nice work. Its such a good feeling to be holding back yet run well.

You sure seem to be on target for a great one on Sunday. No holding back in the last km then :-)

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

Here comes that 55min 10k...I can here it from all the way over here!

 
At 7:08 pm, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Nice one Ellie,

Glad to hear the training is going well.

Good luck Saturday!

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

That's a great run Ellie. Looking good for sub 55 on Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home