slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, April 26, 2007

phwoar...

we had big bertha on the program at sweat this morning, and looking back last night while the lovely lulu and wtr fed me :) I couldn't recall actually ever completing a full session which is 10 laps. I maybe have done but it has been well and truly erased from the memory banks.

But there was no escaping it today - I even pledged to myself not to amplify some minor niggle into a lap-stopping injury :) In the words of a friend - today I just had to 'suck it up princess'.

I started pretty gently but this course is a killer and of course I was hurting straight away. I was really surprised when at the end of Lap 2 or 3 Sean told me that he had never seen me running this well and that I had stepped up a level. That definitely perked me up, but unfortunately didn't make the hill any flatter. He told me again a couple of laps later that I was going to smash my pb (hmmm what pb I thought... he was just psychologising me i suspect...). Anyway - I did finish. 10 laps in 25.31. That can be my benchmark from now on!

The laps were 2.24, 2.29, 2.29, 2.29, 2.35, 2.36, 2.40, 2.38 (end in sight!!), 2.36, 2.30. I wasn't watching the splits during the run as it is a continuous no recovery one, but now looking at them I am quite happy that I dropped off a bit in the middle but I did pick it up again at the end. (I think Sean was a bit optmistic with his call to do a sub 2 min lap for my last one though!!!)

6.8k all up for the morning.

6 Comments:

At 11:52 am, Blogger 2P said...

You have harsh friends ;-)

Another cracker of a session Ellie you are going from strength to strength - love reading about it - well done.

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Great stuff Ellie - what did Lulu and WTR feed you last night :-)

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

brown rice, an amazing healthy red chicken curry and pear and almond tart... mmmmmm...

 
At 10:54 am, Blogger Becky O said...

Wow Ellie, thats really speedy. The crap thing is it doesnt get easier cause you will just keep getting quicker !!

 
At 2:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the recent running camp training, well done.

 
At 5:17 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like you did us proud on BB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home