slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, April 19, 2007

third gear

i discovered an extra little something in me this morning. not sure whether it was cause of the hills or whatever - but it was very welcome!

3k warm up and then we were into the main event. hills. Wild Wally's to be precise which is a 600ish metre loop with a large part of uphill but also a fair bit of flat and down. its a killer! I was scheduled to do 2, rest one, 2, rest one and then a final one. Sean changed his mind then and it was 2, rest one, 3.

Times were: 3.29, 3.28, REST, 3.27, 3.30 and (wait for it) 3.20!! I was so proud of how I busted that last one. I thought I was going to break my lungs at the end - but I felt good! I'm very proud of that given that I almost always die a slow faltering death in my last rep of anything!!

All up about 7.5k for the day.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Good sign that the camp fitness is starting to show!

 
At 12:58 pm, Blogger 2P said...

If you find a little more can you give it to me please?

Nice work Ellie.

 
At 8:37 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, a 3:20 - great stuff Ellie! Its amazing what we do when we bust a gut. And how good does it feel afterwards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home