slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, May 03, 2007

honeymoon is over baby

well not really - but i definitely didn't feel as good this morning as I have for the last few weeks. There are a few reasons I think - yesterday I was in melbourne and I ate highly un-nutritious food and dinner was a carrot and some toast.

still I got up and did it which is a-ok in my book.

Firstly did a good warm up - including strides and drills it was about 3k

Then it was 400's - because of the 10k on Saturday I only had 5 and I wasn't going too hard. Still I went out hard because I wanted to see what my 1.38 up at Jindabyne converted to down on the track. The answer? 1.50!!! What the?? The garmin says that it was actually 430 not 400 and it didn't feel that slow, but Sean reckons his wheel is more accurate than the garmin. hmmm... Ah well. Maybe I'll go by the garmin this time :)

Times were: 1.50, 1.56, 1.55, 1.55, 1.58 and 2.15k overall avg pace of 4.28/k.

560m cool down (I know!!) and about 5.6k all up for the day.

I'm still feeling good for a big run on saturday!

9 Comments:

At 11:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie,
I was toying with the idea of coming to SWEAT today, but a sleep in got the better of me, I'm so glad I did'nt, that sounded like a tough session! well done.

 
At 12:33 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good luck on Saturday Ellie! I can sense a PB :-)

 
At 12:40 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Mackay Oval if you were using the full fence line is 430m. Unless you stop at the 400m mark which is on the fence as you know.

 
At 1:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ellie

I'm glad you measured it long aswell, although my Garmin ranged from 412m to 481m! 430 sounds good to me!

Good luck with Striders on Saturday.

RA

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger Reinier said...

Hi ellie,

I i'm looking for users of my new website: www.ttsm.com. I;ve seen you're using a forerunner so could you please let me know what you think of it: reinier@ttsm.com

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger running uphill said...

Nice running Ellie. You are getting pretty quick these days. Good luck for Saturday.

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

I have a sneaking suspicion Sean measured all the courses long. Our 600s came out around 620m. Because when we do 1km loops, they come out as 1km.

 
At 8:49 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You're running really well Ellie. Saturday should see a big PB.

Sean is right. Garmins get tired and look for short cuts.

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

All the best for Saturday Ellie - you are going to slay it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home