slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, May 06, 2007

National Park

Bit of a jaunt down to the national park today. i was kindly chauffeured by mr lulu (who sped off on his merry way when we got there) and accompanied by lulu and RA. The weather is absolutely perfect today (albeit a bit bloody cold when we got there...) and it is such a gorgeous place to run.

I had 2hr 10 on the program, but I was feeling a teeny bit drained from yesterday I think and I struggled. I probably should have just paced myself and let the speed demons go on their way - but I hung in there :) The tiredness combined with a blister developing on my left foot made me decide to pull the pin when Lulu was finished at 1hr30. I am not too worried about the decision. I have a longish run due Wednesday which I will try and do Tuesday because I fly to Perth Wed night and have a training course from 8 till 6pm Wednesday and I couldn't work out how I was going to run and get to work in time short of getting up and running at 4am...

anyway it was still a great run and I mentioned to Lulu that I don't have that same freak out thing about running the full distance of a 1/2 in my training. I feel good and I feel pretty well prepared. Plus I think I am still pretty positive after yesterdays run :)

All up we did 13.6k in 1hr30 - avg pace of 6.37 which is pretty respectable I think! I may go out for the remaining 40 this arvo depending on the blister status or I might even get the bike on the indoor trainer for an hour or so. maybe... :)

spring cleaning afternoon in the ellie house today. I'm in the mood so I reckon I should go with it!! but first lunch...

1 Comments:

At 3:26 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good work backing up after the PB Ellie - but where in the National Park???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home