slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, May 12, 2007

jeez you lot have a good imagination!

no I am not pregnant or engaged or anything like that!

I am however awaiting a few more details before I do a big long post on the matter.

I am also in Perth and have been since Wednesday so there has been some disruption to training. Truthfully the disruption has been more due to my sore leg than the trip though.

Nonetheless yesterday saw me haul my sorry self back on that wagon and get out of the house for a surprisingly spritely run :) actually it felt pretty tough but it was a lot faster than I would have thought!

I decided to run from home (East Perth) to the bottom of Jacobs ladder - a nasty set of stairs equilvalent to maybe 8 or 10 flights I guess? (I turned the garmin off for the actual climb) and then home.

It was 3.8k each way. Trip there was 22.54 at 5.59 pace. Trip home was 21.42 at 5.41 pace! I was pretty stoked with that negative split given how shattered my legs were at the top of the steps.

All up 7.6k and I was glad to get back into it. Next run will be Sunday and it is officially taper time for the SMH half!

x

4 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Blogger speedygeoff said...

You're adopting? Moving to Hawaii? Inheriting a million? Being adopted? Got tickets to a West Coast Eagles game? Been asked to join Snow Patrol as their new member? What? WHAT?

 
At 12:24 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

You're mean ... keeping everyone in the dark like this ;)

I've heard about Jacobs ladder ... :o

 
At 9:05 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I heard the pussycat dolls are looking for people?

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Damn, you're a tease!

No Paul - too late. They're down to the last three. I just hope Asia doesn't win.

Enjoy the taper Ellie. I'll look out for you on the start line next Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home