slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, April 08, 2007

still alive!

So Saturday afternoon was a 30 min run on the Rennix trail. Some people hated it because it was very uneven and ankles were twisting left right and centre. Amazingly I wasn't one of those people and I loved it cause there were no hills!!

Sunday - first thing this morning was a run up Mt Kosciusko!! Literally! From Charlotte's pass to the top is 9k. Sean told me to run to the Seaman's Hut which is only 6k - so I didn't make the top. Disappointing but I made the decision in the interests of longevity and wellbeing for the rest of the camp! It was pretty tough - 6k up, and up and up and up... but the downwards trip was joy! Serious negative split!

Then we had a glorious stretching session. Another run late this arvo - but now - lunch!!

HAPPY EASTER!

6 Comments:

At 5:33 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Well done! Hope you've got some sekret Easter chocolate supplies to keep you going!

 
At 8:37 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

I bet the view was worth all the ups. Happy Easter.

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I love the sound of that run up Kosciusko. I must try that some time (though not from Eden like some... :-) ).

Gnome

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Hope you are consuming some serious chocolate to keep your energy levels up :-)

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Glad you enjoyed the IM weekend and was great to have you stay.
Sounds like a punishing but fun camp up in the mountains. Running on the flats at sea level will be a breeze after this!

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I've done that run, and know how bloody hard it is! And then there's the altitude as well.

Sounds like a great camp :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home