slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, April 12, 2007

ah sweet flat running...

after that little whinge about all the hills (der yeah I know...) yesterday afternoon we had a really nice flat session running circles around the oval for 20 minutes. Sounds mind numbing but with some tunes on the ipod I was quite happy plodding along getting lapped by all and sundry. running with this mob certainly helps you work on your humility and humble-ness :)

this morning was a killer for me. It was a track session - 400's which I normally love. The speedsters had 10-12 reps, we got to just do every second one. Stupidly (but this is hardly a revelation...) I flogged myself on the first one and did it in 1.38 - which I was quite proud of on these tired legs! Then it went downhill and the last one was 1.48. Still all faster than I used to do - but I would have preferred to peak later and have some consistency. I know better than that now!!!

10.30am we had a strength session which was a bit of a killer. Now a rest until the afternoon session which was allegedly going to be a nice flat run - but now I hear its going to be ...hills...

actually - and i hate to say this - i think hills are becoming my friends...

x

6 Comments:

At 3:26 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Those hills will help if you do the SMH Half.

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Hunter Street will be nothing more than a speedhump for you !

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger Zodelicious said...

Ellie, this camp sounds amazing. I am very jealous.

Are you still doing the Corporate Tri this weekend? I am volunteering so I hope I can give you a cheer if you are.

 
At 8:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After all the hard training you have been doing the 400 reps times are awesome.
Anyone who says the hills are their friends must be doing very well, watch out six foot track !!!! Should give it a try.

 
At 3:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Becky-o were awesome all week - sustained effort throughout - really good technique on the track and great endurance on the long runs and up Mt Kosciuszko, and bouncy and friendly all the time - thanks for making it a great week.

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Sounds to me like that camp has been good for you. Sleep well, and enjoy putting it all to good use :-)

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home