slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

a quandary... of sorts...

so there is still a teeny tiny little bit of me that would like to give the big triathlon this weekend a go - in spite of my lack of training.

i am very much undecided and have moments of thinking - well why not - I can always dnf if the swim or the ride is too hard and walk on the run course... and then I go - yeah but its all very well to say that now and a completely different thing to say when I'm actually out there doing it.

for one thing, except on my indoor trainer I have never ridden 40k!! I think I could probably do it, but I haven't. I also haven't swum in a few weeks. But to be honest I doubt that makes much difference because I am already ridiculously slow! I've run 10k recently - but it was bloody hard!

anyway - just a bit of a brain dump. i probably won't do it... but then again - maybe I will :)

EDIT - ha! what do you think it means that i wrote this and then didn't go to the gym as planned at lunch and I am probably not going to do anything tonight??? I think maybe the answer is 'don't do it'!!!!

10 Comments:

At 2:54 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I've never done a tri so not sure how it all relates. But most first time marathoners have never covered 42.2k before.

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger Bayin said...

Ellie,

It's all about fun if you can go out there and just have fun regardless of the time's great go for it. But if you are not going to enjoy yourself then maybe it's best to stay at home.

From reading your blog you seem like a fitter person than me and I have done quite a few rides of 50k and 60k distances without to much problems.

 
At 4:14 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Flip a coin.

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

eeny meany miny mo !

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

very helpful thank you boys :)

 
At 5:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go for it. You'll never know if you don't try!

RA

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You could do it for 'fun'. My first (and only) Oly was like that... slow, but fun, and very happy to make the finish.

You can make the distance - just go easy :)

 
At 6:49 pm, Blogger Will the Frenchman said...

Go for it, without any hesitation! You'll surprise yourself.

 
At 7:22 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Either way, let me know - I've still got "Ellie - tri" written in my diary for Sunday :-)

 
At 8:57 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I think you'd be surprised how well you coped with it. Despite saying it was hard this morning you were running well. Your fitness is still there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home