slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well

well that sounds like a depressing heading but actually it was just what I was listening to on the bus and is stuck in my head :)

Last night I planned out my training until the 18th of the March. There are a couple of points where I will do a Go/No Go analysis along the way :) One of those will be this Sunday where I have decided to do all the distances in the one day to mainly give myself some much needed confidence that I can do it. I don't intend to do any of it hard or fast or even right after each other. But I will swim 1.5k, cycle 40k and run 10k. And then I will see how I feel :)

I had a good session this morning. Up bright and early for 1hr on the trainer followed by 30 min run from home, around the park and back. One other thing that I did on the weekend just past was buy a bike computer and my friend at the bike shop kindly installed it for me (who knew it had to be installed?!). Talk about keeping me honest. I realised that on the trainer I have been B-L-U-D-G-I-N-G in a serious way!!! Now I aim for a cadence of 80-90 and will just sit on what ever gear I can do that comfortably in for now. Not that it was particularly comfortable - I was in struggle town. But that could have also been because my stomach wasn't that keen on the endura Opti that I tried a bit of. But I am going to persevere for a bit because it is dairy free which I like.

Oh - and I also bought one of the bottles that sits between your tri bars on your bike. So it should be good for drinking. Not so good for my street cred :) but who cares!

13 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Better for your street cred than the spokey dokes ;)

The computer will keep you honest Ellie. Miners will be right onto all your bike stats now.

An Olympic tri with very long transitions - I like it.

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a good plan! See you sometime at the weekend.

 
At 11:24 am, Blogger PortRunr said...

Look at you with all your gadgets and add ons! Hope you're back on top of it all soon :)

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Loving all your gadgets Ellie.

Keep chipping away at it, you'll come out on top 4 sure.

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good idea doing all the distances this weekend Ellie, that'll give you so much confidence for the day.

 
At 1:12 pm, Blogger Gnscon said...

NIN?

 
At 1:36 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

close gnscon... but no cigar...

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger miners said...

so you DID get the jetstream thingy?! Good on you - now you look like an IM. Just make sure you say you're a multi-finisher in case anyone ever asks you ;)

 
At 6:18 pm, Blogger running uphill said...

Sounds like the training is back on track. Sounds like a good idea to tri the distances this weekend - hope it goes well.

 
At 7:32 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Ewen's got it all wrong - only the cool kids have spokey dokes :-)

It's *really* easy to slack off on the trainer - that's why I always wear my heartrate monitor (actually, it's the only time I wear it).

Have fun this weekend. YOU CAN - AND WILL - DO IT !!!!

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Ok missE, I want a txt msg saying you have completed all ok?

Can we have a pic of your bottle thing pls?

 
At 8:21 am, Blogger Gnscon said...

Yeah, I rembered straight after posting that it was Sober by Tool.

 
At 8:19 pm, Blogger David Criniti said...

I think the jetstream thingy's look way cool...though it'll prolong your evolution into an ambi turner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home