slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

what now??

my head is all over the shop at the moment which seems to be a bit symptomatic of my life. I feel very disorganised and unsettled. which i am I guess.

a few reasons for it - one being that I have a new job!!! (just call me the poster child for Gen Y...) However, it is at the same firm, but in the Learning & Development team which is something I've wanted to do for ages. So I am completely excited about that. However, there is a bit of resistance about me leaving my current role so I am dealing with a bit of hostility around that.

also my training is all over the shop. actually that is a lie. all over the shop implies that some is occurring. it isn't. Since I went to Perth, which was a bit traumatic in itself, and I decided not to do the big race in Cronulla I just haven't been able to see any reason to train very hard (or at all...). And I have been going out like I haven't done for quite some time...

[speaking of which - I had an amazing birthday with some amazing people. I feel very spoiled and had such a blast. You know who you are :) ]

anyway so part of me thinks maybe I should just do the tri and see if I survive. the other part thinks - nah - better to do it when I am well prepared and can do it properly and now is the ideal time to get stuck into my base training for next season! (did someone say half IM?? just kidding!!).

this is turning very stream-of-consciousness so might as well continue...

I have also booked 2 weeks holiday at the start of April which will be my first real holiday in over 2 years. I am dying for one!!

I am going to go to Port to watch the Ironman, then a few days in Sydney, then I am heading to Jindabyne for 9 days to go on one of Sean Williams running camps. It will be hard, but there will be people around my standard and I am busting to get out of the city. I need some space and some down time and why not get a good dose of altitude training while I'm at it??

Fun! x

12 Comments:

At 1:38 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

Sounds like a wicked holiday...just what the Dr ordered.

 
At 1:58 pm, Blogger miners said...

certainly sounds like a great holiday - particularly the Port Macquarie bit :)

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger Bayin said...

lpsvnSounds like anice holiday, Hang in there I'm sure your motivation will spark up again soon.

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger 2P said...

The fitter you are the more you will get out of your running camp - try that as your motivation.

 
At 3:07 pm, Blogger Becky O said...

2P's right Ellie. I am going to be training my butt off in the next few weeks so that I can be fit enough to take full advantage of camp. Going to camp is the main thing keeping me from not cracking a hissie fit with work and being sick at the moment.

 
At 3:11 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

can't i just taper for the camp? :)

 
At 3:45 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I do belive I did hear someone say Half Marathon!

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

nah - i've done two of them already :)

 
At 5:38 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I think you'll need a holiday after your holiday!

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Good to see your still alive and kicking Ellie!LOL!

You do need to find a reason(s) for training though and it doesn't matter if you have to make them up either!

Best of luck with it!

R2B

 
At 10:43 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

E. Maybe now is the time to stop worrying about not training hard, and just start running for fun again. (It really is fun, remember?) :-) Don't get so results focussed that you forget to have fun along the way!

Gnome

 
At 6:13 pm, Blogger Kate said...

running camp sounds fabbo! so cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home