slow-but-enthusiastic

Monday, March 05, 2007

happy birthday to me :)

its my birthday today so i thought i should get my act together and update the blog.

unfortunately training wise there is almost nothing to say. Last night I got back on the wagon and went for a run in the sticky heat with Lorna and Caro to the tune of 8.3k and 57ish mins. I'm glad to be back but it was a struggle.

things have come off the rails a bit following my last post. I had to go home to perth for a week for family reasons which was pretty stressful and I didn't run/ride/swim once while I was back.

I am a bit philosophical about it now but the big triathlon is off the agenda. I really needed that week to get the confidence to do it and now, while I feel I could probably do the distance I just don't have any desire to force myself to do it off this training.

So motivation is low at present but I am just going to try and get back to doing it cause I like it and I like how I feel when I am running/riding/swimming regularly.

27 hey... this is definitely going to be a good year :)

19 Comments:

At 9:12 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Happy BD Ellie. :)

 
At 9:37 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Happy Birthday 'lil sis! I'll be happy to drag you out for some swimming and running and even some biking.

I'm sure 27 will be a great year for you!

 
At 9:40 am, Blogger Simlin said...

Chin Up! It's your Birthday!

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger nando said...

Have a happy birthday Ellie, and a good year ahead.

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Enjoy your special day Ellie!

By the sounds of your last sentence I think your motivation is back :-)

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger Bayin said...

Heppy Birthday Ellie hope it's a great day for you.

 
At 12:27 pm, Blogger TD said...

Happy Birthday Ellie and as the others have said 27 will be a great year. I wish I could turn back the clock sometimes to those yippy years.

 
At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ellie

Here's to a good year!

 
At 1:44 pm, Blogger Kate said...

Happy Birthday!

27 is going to be awesome. Hope everything else is all worked out. Sorry about the tri- but good on ya for realising and accepting it wouldn't be happening.

 
At 3:24 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

Happy Birthday. Hope to see you soon.

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Happy Birthday Chicky.

I had a great year when I was 27 (that's if it is the one I'm thinking of - I kinda remember.... though it all gets a bit hazy these days).

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Have a good one.

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger running uphill said...

Happy Birthday - we are almost twins, give or take a few years:)(mine is on Thursday).

Don't feel bad about the big tri. It will still be there next time. Sometimes it is harder to let it go but you made the wise decision.

 
At 6:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday to a fellow Piscean.

Best Wishes.

JD

 
At 11:52 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Just keep talking (writing?) to us and your motivation will return :-)

Gnome

p.s. happy BD, and many more to come

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Becky O said...

Happy Birthday Ellie !!

If your anything like me I'm sure you're still celebrating your birthweek !!

 
At 3:25 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Buon compleanno for yesterday Ellie :) 27 is so damn young! All your best triathlon and running years are ahead of you. Have fun!

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Bummer about the tri, but these things happen. When's the next one?

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger speedygeoff said...

a happy birthday to you from me too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home