slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Catch up

Have had my mum over to visit for the weekend so training and blogger-updating time has been minimal. Shopping and eating time has been high though!

So, training wise the weekend looked like this:

SATURDAY: 2 hours on the home trainer. I really didn't feel like it. And the first hour was agony. But after I got through the hour it wasn't so bad. I suspect I was bludging a bit... but still it was time on my butt on the trainer. All good.

SUNDAY: Met Lorna and Caro at the bay and we did a lap of the Bay plus canal with just a little bit of walking in the middle. I was not feeling good at all. 55ish minutes and about 8.5k. Not much encouragement coming out of that one...

That was it. Nothing yesterday (plenty of 'time on my feet' at the shops though...).

Now is the time to ramp it up before the 18th. I need to work hard. No excuses now.

In particular, I spoke to the haematologist on Monday and she reckons that even though my iron (ferritin) is still low, it is improving and so i should keep going as I am. My haemoglobin is ok, the only thing that is weird is that my other indicators (transferrin, something else and something else...) are still elevated which they shouldn't be. So who knows.

I still feel pretty tired and blahhhhh. But maybe that is just over or under training or over or under sleeping or who knows. Its not the end of the world if I can't do this triathlon. But I would prefer to do it than not!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:02 am, Blogger Rice said...

There will always be other Tri's you only get one body

Cheers

Rice.

 
At 1:42 pm, Blogger Bayin said...

Huh 18th March you are doing your Tri the Same day I am doing mine. Good luck!!

 
At 8:27 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Never fear Lulu is here for some fun training this weekend, plus I'll even feed you some good healthy food:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home