slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

hills hills and more hills.

course it was hill day do perhaps not surprising!

I woke up at 4 this morning and hearing the rain I thought I could be in for a sleep in. But come 5am it was fine and I trundled down to the park for a hills session. This one was Wild Wally - personally my least favourite - although it is a very close call...

Whether or not it was the sand running yesterday, my legs were feeling ok, but when I was trying to push up the hill I just had nothing. I was so slow!! Times for my 5 laps (each one about 680m) were 3.37, 3.40, 3.37 (had a longer recovery after this one) 3.33 and then 3.48 (eek!). Warm up 3k, cool down 800 ish m... All up about 7k for my morning... not too bad.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 am, Blogger Lulu said...

At least you went which is more than can be said for me. My excuse is, nursing my ankle!

 
At 11:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Lulu.

Those times don't sound too bad at all, especially considering you are only just getting back into training. Don't be so hard on yourself.

RA

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Nice work after yesterday's soft sand running. By the way, is it (the soft sand) part of your pgm?

 
At 8:43 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

That 3:48 was trying to tell you something! You must have been tired. No need to panic though.

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I would credit that effort. Not bad at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home