slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, March 17, 2007

abort mission

well I went for a swim down on the course and I have decided not to race tomorrow. even though it will be different in the morning (its low tide now and will be high tide then) I don't have enough surf practice for that sort of swell.

never mind. might see what I can do training wise tomorrow - maybe the same distances but in a nice pool and around the park :)

i'm disappointed and a bit grumpy but i think its the best decision. i knew i was underdone in the swim and although i'd be fine if it was flat, i don't have enough practice for if its not flat.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry you won't be making the tri ... I've been watching and following the will I, won't I for the last few days hoping you'd be able to make it ... "there's always next time" seems so cliche ... hope you're feeling better about your decision.

 
At 9:35 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

And we were looking forward to the report!

Probably for the best. Even the 'surf' of LBG is tough on a windy day, so I don't blame you.

 
At 3:08 pm, Blogger Martin said...

SOFT!!

Nah, just joking :)

I'm shite in the surf too so would have been drinking coffee next to you, although having a buffed lifesaver give me mouth to mouth would be a far less an attractive proposition for me compared to you? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home