slow-but-enthusiastic

Monday, March 19, 2007

owwwww!!!

well the knee didn't hurt yesterday - but it is starting to kick in today! I am trying to tell myself it tight and painful cause it is already healing (which I am sure is true) but it also hurts a teeny bit to walk on which is less encouraging.

it has developed a good bruise from about half way down my knee cap to about 10cm down my shin. yuck-o. I just tried a mini run (down the hallway at work in heels - so hardly a real indication) and it actually felt pretty uncomfortable. So I'm not sure whether i should train tomorrow. Think I'll still go and just see. Probably no point aggravating it at this stage.

Just got my lovely uniform for the BRW triathlon (which unfortunately is the last day of run camp so i will have to come back a day earlier than planned and will be bloody exhausted!!!) and let me just say it is absolutely horrific. A very nice 80's style high cut bikini style costume that we are allegedly compelled to wear. I don't think so. Even worse is that they made us pay for it!!! Needless to say I will not be doing a triathlon in a bikini in this lifetime.

:)

12 Comments:

At 4:26 pm, Blogger 2P said...

That costume and the knee - what a picture that would be - sorry it's just that Ewen got me in a poetic frame of mind ;-)

More antiseptic.

 
At 5:53 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Don't tell Gary you've been trying to run in your heels:) Hope you make it to training in the morning.

 
At 5:54 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Oh yeah and I won't be doing a triathlon in a bikini in this or the next life.. unless I come back as a highly tuned athlete :)

I think you could probably sue them for workplace harrassment if they make you wear it:)

 
At 7:17 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Betcha a guy organised the costumes. They have no idea.

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger Jen said...

I won't be doing a tri in a bikini in any of my next 10 lifetimes :-)

 
At 8:49 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

What's with it with you girls? We have to wear budgie smugglers.

Ellie in a bikini,
Is something we'd like to see,
Hydrating with a martini,
To take her mind off the knee.

Sorry 2P.

 
At 8:57 pm, Blogger Hamburglar said...

what's wrong with 80's style high cut bikini style costumes?

 
At 6:43 am, Blogger running uphill said...

Hope the knee comes good. As for the bikini/tri I agree that it was probably a guy's idea.

 
At 1:33 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

I also won't be doing a tri in a bikini in any of my next 12 lifetimes :-)

 
At 1:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't be doing a triathlon in my next 10 lifetimes, let alone in a bikini!

RA

 
At 10:12 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

a bikini!!! Are they kidding?!

 
At 8:18 am, Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said...

You could always wear it over your tri suit!

Or accessorise it with a flurescent 80's style headband and pair of leg warmers - noice... :-)

Mouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home