slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fark-let

(thanks Lulu for coining that phrase - i think it really adds a sense of pain to the word Fartlek nicely :)

I have been a bit lazy on my warm up and cool downs lately. About 2k warm up including all the drills and strides and all of 200m cool down. oops. I did walk in to work though so got to stretch everything out nicely.

Everyone had between 3-6k of 1k fartlek loops. I had 4. I went out quick (is everyone shocked??) but soon settled in and kerry and I passed some people who had gone out even quicker. First 1k loop was 5.18 which I was pretty happy with. I forget the others but I averaged 5.29 and that was 21.46 for the 4k. Not setting any land speed records but a solid effort. I was really conscious of making sure I had a different speed between my surges and my floats. Not a huge difference - but some difference for sure!

Still undecided about Sunday. I go through moments when I feel like of course I should just give it a go - that it would be fine and even though it'll be hard I will tough it out. But then I go - but its sooo hard. I haven't ridden my bike or swum in quite some time! And am I only doing it because I feel like I have something to prove to myself or everyone else, when actually if I don't feel ready for it that is ok too?

anyway - don't have to decide until saturday lunchtime...

?

6 Comments:

At 12:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got nothing to prove to anyone, if you don't feel ready then just delay it.

But I think it's just a fear of the unknown, and if you don't put any pressure on yourself and try to just enjoy the experience, I'm sure you will be surprised at how well you can do.

After all is gonna be a PB guaranteed!

RA

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said...

I say go for it girl. You have the base, a few sessions missed recently won't hurt. Of it does hurt, it will only be for a couple of days!! :)

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Kate said...

I would say "no"- but it's just a gut feeling. You've done races you weren't ready for before, and you've always done well and had fun- so if anyone can go for it, it's you!

 
At 7:45 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Will you enjoy it? I don't mean will it be painless - the answer to that is a given - but will you finish it and feel like it was fun? We compete for the fun of it, not for sheep stations. :-)

Gnome

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Can't rush these decisions Ellie :-)

Nice farrrrklekin.

 
At 8:19 am, Blogger Katie said...

See how you feel on the weekend! If there is no pressure and you have fun why not?? but if you do not feel like it.... plenty of other races!

Thanks for your nice smiley face at the end of 6ft! I was so happy to see evryone and finish!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home