slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, March 22, 2007

crime and punishment

THE CRIME: consistent resetting of alarm clock so as to avoid sweat session of 10 x wild walter... a reasonable thing to do - but counter to my current goals :)
(weirdly i was awake at 4.45, but decided that was too early, then i couldn't get up before 7.15...)

THE PUNISHMENT: lunch time - run to Mrs Macquaries chair (12.5 mins) and then 10 reps of the Fleet Stairs. OHMIGOD. it nearly killed me. I was mostly walking, sometimes jogging but it was so hot my heart rate was through the roof. actually I was a bit worried because it wouldn't come down again. I ended up walking most of the way back because every time I would run I would overheat and feel nauseous again. still a good session for testing my boundaries :) the stair bit took me about 17 mins.


Just for anyone who hasn't seen it... i recommend you look at miners blog...

eek!!!

10 Comments:

At 2:49 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

You did well Ellie - it's hot our there.

 
At 2:49 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

er, "out there" *rolls eyes*

 
At 3:15 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

So is the lesson of the day - get up and go to Sweat rather than sweat in the heat of the day!

See you at Port ( but hopefully we won't see Miners in green :)).

TA

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Tomorrow you can be on parole now you've done your time.

Nice work - I love reading about sessions like that.

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger miners said...

what - 17 minutes for each time you went up the flight of stairs!! And 10 x reps of the stairs!! That's a great workout missE ;)

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Your poor alarm clock's been taking a beating lately. Fair punishment though.
Directing people to Miner's photo is just cruel...you'll have to bring up your BRW "uniform" for him to try on next ;)

 
At 8:21 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I had to avert my eyes! And you're complaining about wearing a bikini!

 
At 9:02 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Ellie, your reference to Miners' blog should come with a parental guidance recommended warning!

 
At 8:44 am, Blogger Becky O said...

Its been like a sauna at SWEAT, I think Sean felt sorry for some of us and let us off a little !!

Been told it will be below zero when we do some of our sessions at camp so stock up on winter gear. I get a wierd look walking into stores asking when their winter stuff comes in !!

 
At 8:06 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I've resorted to setting two different alarms, one being out of reach to deal with the snooze button problem. And yes... that is cruel sending us to Miners blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home