slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, February 03, 2007

1800-still-sick

well my voice has moved on past phone-sex-husky to adolescent-boy-unpredictable to inaudible at times. Made cheering this morning at the Striders 10k a very interesting affair!

I was still planning to run this morning right up until collecting my number and standing around for a while. I was actually really excited to run today but everyone I spoke to kind of did a double take and I was reminded that it was probably not the best idea. So instead I had the pleasure of talking travel to Rags who was on timekeeping duties (he even let me hold the stopwatch for a few minutes :) I also got to cheer everyone in and watch some awesome PB's being set! (katie and ray... i'm talking about you!!!).

Anyway I am a bit resigned to it all now. If i can't swim tomorrow its not the end of the world. But everyone cross their fingers that somehow i heal miraculously by tomorrow! don't care if I can't talk, so long as I can breathe through my nose and my mouth and not cough every third breath (could cause trouble in the water...).

I think the week off also means that I will be a bit more focused at training. I might drop a session or two and really just keep the critical ones because I want to get to the start line on March 18 more than anything. I am also resigned to having to stop and get off the bike to have a drink :)

8 Comments:

At 10:05 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Bad luck about the 10k Ellie. Hope you still get to swim tomorrow. As you said the goal is late march and not early feb 10kers.

 
At 11:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good decision not to run today Ellie. You would probably have still beaten me though!

Hope all goes well for the swim tomorrow. Will be thinking of you as I am battling round the Blue Mountains!

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wise move not running Ellie. That's how people have heart attacks, the heart is working much harder than normal to fight the infection or whatever is going on. Rest rest rest and you will recovery way quicker.

Love the blog title :-)

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

That bug seems to be going around Ellie. Don't let the time off thing get you down. It's all part of a grand plan.

 
At 2:19 pm, Blogger Jen said...

That was the right decision today missy. Take care of yourself & keep your eye on March 18 :-)

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger TD said...

Really agree with Tesso there, Ellie. Good on you for not running. You will be back to full strength before you know it. And everyone would have really appreciated your support.

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Zodelicious said...

Hi Ellie
I like your blog. :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I am doing the 2k tomorrow too and I am praying for calm conditions.
Good luck with it.

 
At 11:11 am, Blogger miners said...

Hope you're OK chicky. Take care of yourself, as there are plenty of other open water swims you can do :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home