slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, January 26, 2007

penrith 10k fun run

This morning was a 10k and 5k fun run out at Penrith which I was attending with Jen and the Owl - fun!! Not so fun was the traffic last night from the city out to the 'riff. 2 hours later though I was massively compensated for the exercise with Jen's mum's roast dinner (omg... heavenly...) followed by waffles and ice cream.

Despite some resistance this morning (not wanting to get up etc) and some vacillating at the registration (10k, 5k, 10k, 5k...) I registered for the 10k (it was free too - how cool is that????) but decided not to go too hard because this weekend has a lot of training involved!

I ended up crossing the line in 58.16 which was a comfortable 5.50 pace (my half marathon pace). it was a bit tough at the end and was starting to get pretty hot but I made it :)

I was also lucky enough to have some company in the form of uncle dave for a bit of a ride around the regatta centre afterwards. we rode around for just under an hour I think and dave was full of useful hints for riding and clipping in and out and I even got to the point where I can indicate left!! unfortunately we discovered I am not an ambi-indicator so for now its only left :) I reckon I'll even be able to drink while riding one day!! perhaps not tomorrow :)

then a lovely lunch with the girls rounded out the Australia Day trip to Penrith. A nice day all round!

9 Comments:

At 3:45 pm, Blogger running uphill said...

Happy Aust Day. Nice run.

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger David Criniti said...

Remember this is how much English teacher taught me what a paradox was:
"The rule of the road is a paradox quite.
If you keep to the left, you out to be right".
Just keep turning left dude.
You'll be right! :-)

 
At 4:27 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for a lovely night & day & night chicky :-)

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

That would mean riding one-handed. Sounds dangerous to me.

Good run Ellie - half marathon paced 10ks are fun.

 
At 11:28 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good run Ellie. And good to see you taught Uncle how to turn left.

 
At 1:39 am, Blogger the_en4cer said...

Great run Ellie, well done. I didn't think there was any free fun runs left - nice to know they still exist.

 
At 5:31 am, Blogger Kate said...

Good work on the race and the cycling. I'm sure the drinking will come- it has to!! (I haven't uite mastered it either)

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger 2P said...

It's much hard to get lost if you only turn in one direction.

Nice time for the 10k Ellie.

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Ha. Right is overrated. Just go left 3 times...

Gnome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home