slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, January 27, 2007

trying out the home trainer...

after not doing my long ride this morning (i needed the sleep - really!!) I decided to go into work and pick up the trainer and try and set it up. despite being an expert ikea instruction reader I still struggled with this one. after a few false starts I think I got it sorted and I was good to go.

I bought the dvd series of Love My Way (a foxtel only aussie series filmed around the eastern suburbs of Sydney) so I watched a few episodes. Unfortunately they were the very sad ones - so I hope I haven't subconsciously made an association with riding the bike :)

I found it pretty comfortable, and although its not as good as getting on the road it is still time on the bike which is good news. All up this afternoon I did 75 mins. No idea what that would equate to in distance! might get one of those bike computers one day!

1 Comments:

At 5:15 am, Blogger Kate said...

My bike computer is one of my favourite toys, and they're surprisingly inexpensive. Get one that measures cadence and has a real wheel sensor- it'll help you improve your technique and make the trainer hours a bit more interesting (though I don't think they're that accurate for the trainer)

I can't believe you spent 75 minutes on the trainer first time- you're obviously made for this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home