slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

yeah but no but yeah

I got a kind email from a friend that said

"suck it up princess and do the 2km..."

So I am. 2k it is. She'll be right. And at the end of the day I am more than willing to float on my back and put my hand up and call for a lifesaver to rescue me :)

plus I have absolutely no time expectations! I'll go to ocean swimming squad on Friday night just to get a bit more of a feel.

I woke up last night with a really sore throat which is a cold-precursor for me so I am resting today and inhaling vitamins C, B and zinc (and the odd iron supplement!). tomorrow will be a picture of health and wellbeing.

5 Comments:

At 1:12 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

I saw that there is a 11km swim from C/Quay to Manly in March. The way your going you'll be lining up for that in 2008 !

Hope the vitamins do the trick. :)

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Good decision - all that salt water will fix your throat :-)

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger miners said...

What - so you're NOT doing both the 1km & 2km now? ;)

Hey btw, do yourself a favour & save your planned run for that morning till AFTER the swim. Planning it in that order is more characteristic of what you're actually training for + you'll be fresher for the swim, and so will thus get a more realistic feel for how you're going to go at Cronulla + and you'll have less chance of getting into trouble :)

Hey, did you see that Macca, Crowie and now Waldo are racing with you down at Cronulla?!? Possibly the most talented line-up we've had in an Oz race for a decade!

 
At 3:31 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Like Tesso said, if you're feeling tired, just grab one of the bouys.

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger Kate said...

Wow- good work! Have fun :-)

(I agree with Miners, save the run)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home