slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, January 25, 2007

i got nuthin'

out for dinner last night at tandoori palace with a bunch of lovely running sorts to catch up with portrunr who was down from Port for the Big Day Out. OMG i ate so much food. and i left my wallet on my desk so sparkie had to sponsor me :) oops.

after a bit of gasbagging with jen who was staying at my house I was rudely woken at 5.00 to get up and go to sweat. At 5.30 miraculously i did get up and get dressed and even get out of the house.

even though I didn't do anything yesterday I was feeling reaaaallll bad today. 3.7k warm up and then wild wally hill reps. Sean had programmed me for 6 but I was sceptical. Also running the 10k out at Penrith tomorrow so I had that saved up as an excuse...

did the first rep in 3.36 and promptly decided that was probably it. i was cactus. my legs had absolutely nothing left to give and i wasn't even pushing hard. (i did feel like i was a bit free-er on the downhills though).

So i took a rest and decided to do every second one which would make 4 for the session. However, after 2 rests i decided i was being pissweak and should toughen up and do the last 3 in a row. So i did. 5 reps all up: 3.36, 3.39, 3.35, 3.44, 3.37 (3.37k, average pace 5.25).

604m cool down :) and 7.6k for the day. Brightshoes set the course record in a blistering 2.00m flat this morning.

baked dinner at jen's tonight and aus day 10k at penrith tomorrow followed by a ride with uncle dave - noice.

EDIT - just got this little email...

2007 Cronulla Triathlon Registration Confirmation

Dear Ellie

Thankyou for entering the 2007 Cronulla Triathlon

Below is an itemised receipt for your recent online credit card payment.


And wait! Just got a delivery... cool...

10 Comments:

At 11:49 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Good luck at Penriff Ellie.

Hope you have a fun Oz day ! :)

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger miners said...

Ah ... now it all makes sense. I still can't believe how you guys get to see more of PR than I do!

Have a great day with the FHG tomorrow - nice to see your little baby arrived safe and sound. Make sure you keep that tube repair kit handy ;)

 
At 1:58 pm, Blogger Bernie G said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Wear your "watermelon" shirt, I think it's lucky ;-)

 
At 2:16 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Who said ya got nuffin - sounds pretty like a pretty good couple of days to me ;-)

 
At 3:57 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

That should fix the fear of stacking problem ;)

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Now I understand. For a moment I thought you and Jen had both got lucky on the same night.. we can all live in hope :)

Sounds like you've got a fun weekend ahead. Might see you on Sunday if you're around and I should be back on the road at least for a short one.

 
At 5:06 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

It was really humid last night in the park under cloud cover, so I'm not surprised about this morning. Good effort. Have fun with the new bike toy and at penriff.

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good luck in the race Ellie! I'm sure backing off a little today will pay dividends.

Happy Australia Day :-)

 
At 6:37 pm, Blogger Kate said...

Good luck for the 10k!

Looove the trainer. They're boring as all hell at times, but so useful.

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

That's the same trainer like what we got!

Hope you have fun with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home