slow-but-enthusiastic

Monday, January 29, 2007

the Monday special

rough day at work today.

luckily one of my work friends bullied me into going to the pool with her (in the nicest, not really pushy at all kind of way :) so I wasn't forced to fail my weeks swimming goal already. all i wanted to do was go home and turn my head off in front of the tv with some chocolate. Compromised with a swim and a chocolate flavoured protein bar. Really - those things are just chocolate bars under the guise of recovery food. This one was particularly chocolatey-fudgey-delicious.

2k again (the Monday special) but 300m of it was with a kickboard so I finished in 55 mins. Would have done more kickboard laps but when I felt the strain in my quads I decided that it was not the best choice for my 'rest' day :)

trying to decide whether to do the 1k or 2k in the Cole Classic on Sunday... will probably go for a run beforehand too. So maybe the 1k... or am I just being a pussy??

9 Comments:

At 8:40 pm, Blogger Jen said...

For your first up, go the 1k. 2k in open water (when you haven't already done much if any) is a bl**dy long way...

BTW which brand was the protein bar?

 
At 9:31 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

1k gives the sharks half the opportunity ;)

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

The 1k is really just for the kids to swim. I'm not kidding the 9 year olds and up swim that race, plus it goes from shelly beach back to the surf club which is no fun. The 2k goes out through the break as I said earlier and into shelly beach and back. Plus all the adults and some good swimming kids race it. More fun and good practice round the buoys.

 
At 11:21 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Meow....

:-)

 
At 3:41 am, Blogger Kate said...

1k, absolutely. 2k in open water is huge, and 1k is still good prep for an olympic tri swim

 
At 8:59 am, Blogger PortRunr said...

Nice to see you again last week Ellie :) Sounds like you had a great weekend.
I'd make the 1km/2km choice based on conditions...2km in open water would be quite a challenge if it were rough...wreow :P

 
At 9:17 am, Blogger miners said...

You should do both! I'm sure they stage the races one after the other, and you'll find a lot of people back up for both races at these things :)

hey what brand of protein bar was it? I'm still experimenting around. The Power Bar ones and the Endura choccie bars are pretty good. Which one was all fudgey and delicious?

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - it was Protein FX everyone. The chocolate with extra chocolate version...

 
At 11:20 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Go the 2k and maybe you'll get to practice around lots of boys as well as the buoys :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home