slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, January 20, 2007

stroke correction #3

had a largeish night last night culminating with some dancing at Slide and someone deciding it would be a good idea to buy me (and us all) a jaegerbomb (sp??). ugh. red bull 5 mins before I wanted to go home... ah well. I still slept ok and got at least a few hours sleep. Still I wasn't feeling up to riding in between the Chiro and stroke correction. Still harbouring some half arsed plans to ride later this afternoon/evening.

i really felt my stroke change today. i have to concentrate on keeping my arms shoulder width apart, my hands tend to point in so i need to concentrate on keeping them out. I also need to focus on the 'catch' of the stroke and include a bit of a pre catch glide to really take advantage of it. The biggest thing came right at the end when one of the coaches told me I needed to shorten my stroke. I felt that right through the big muscles in my shoulders and back which is exactly what should happen. So that is pretty good.

Still time will tell! I need to get some good ocean swims in too before Cronulla. Some thought at this stage of not doing the all womens tri (as there is one at kurnell the weekend after) and instead doing the striders 10k and the cole classic ocean swim on sunday. (and then my long ride one afternoon.

thank god summer has arrived :)

3 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Those classes certainly sound more than worth the effort. You'll be a superfish in no time at all :-)

 
At 1:40 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Summer is good - nothing beats a swim after a hot, dusty long run :)

 
At 8:57 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

The cole classic should be fun and is good practice to swim in a pack and go around the buoys fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home