slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, January 21, 2007

i take it back!

all my moaning about how summer hasn't arrived and its practically winter etc etc.

this morning I slept in despite going to be before 9 and planning to be up at 5 to beat the heat. so there would be no running in the AM. Fortunately that meant I could join Owly and Caro for their run this evening at the bay. I had 2 hours on the schedule but had decided that 1.45 with the girls would be more than enough.

turns out that was really optimistic. We didn't get out until about 7.15 and jeez we were suffering right from the start. We would splash ourselves down and make wet t-shirt gags at the water fountains only to be dry in a matter of metres. none of us were on our game at all. we ended up dragging out 9.2k in just over an hour and it was a huge struggle. eventually after one lap plus a canal loop we decided to just walk for another 20 mins or so.

Ah well. Sometimes you got it, sometimes you don't. tonight - i don't. I am also going to the doctor tomorrow AM to get the latest blood results which will be very interesting. some things lately have made me think that it isn't improving but the results will let me know for sure.

ah... bed time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home