slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, January 18, 2007

a brief interruption in transmission

knee is still bothering me even when I am just walking to i elected not to go to sweat. it was a terribly hard decision at 5am when my alarm went off and I was so comfortable in bed... :P

still last night I went to the pool after work. actually had to work late so had one of the lovely work meals around 7 and I think that i felt heaps better swimming after I'd eaten. The pool is packed at 8pm it turns out - but dead by 8.30. Definitely the way to go though.

All up I did 2k. Ok - time to face the hard truths about how slow I am...
VERY - 2k in around 54 mins. On the plus side I didn't stop at all and I was feeling great - never got puffed or anything and was trying out all my new techniques. At least I know I can swim the 1.5k. Fast is a whole other story...

4 Comments:

At 9:48 am, Blogger miners said...

that's great news about the 2km continuous swim. IF you're confident about the endurance you have for the swim, then start doing more intense speed sets - 50m, 100m & 200m repeats with short recoveries. Keep doing one endurance swim each week (preferably open water) and your speed will increase :)

What's so special about the work dinners?

 
At 9:52 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

they are for free :) and i don't have to cook them. actually i was being fascetious...

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

The good thing about coming last in the swim is you'll have a ski paddler with you - very reasuring in an ocean swim!

I hope the niggles are just that Ellie, and your preparation goes well.

 
At 6:32 am, Blogger Horrie said...

It's great to see that somebody else out there swims as slow as me. Well done Ellie on swimming 2km without stopping. That's a great effort!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home