slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

the wash up

i'm tired

my quads hurt (bit less now)

my right knee hurts (bit less now too)

i think that they are a bit related and it could be ITB tightness causing the knee pain. so a bit of stretching and I'm sure I'll be right as rain. walked in to work today and i could feel the knee a little but not too bad. Will swim after work (i will i will i will i will) and walk home for a gentle day but still 8k walking and hopefully 2-3k swimming (slowly...).

kind of off topic - but i went back to the doctor last night get the results of all the tests i did last week. nothing came back as a problem, which is great, but still leaves a bit of a question mark over the iron. The iron levels have improved over the last 6 weeks, but not a huge amount, particularly as I am on a double dose. Still only at 12% saturation. Ah well - at least its going upwards. Does explain why I haven't been immediately feeling like jumping out of my skin!!

(at least i know it wasn't an iron-euphoria PB on sunday then :)

7 Comments:

At 10:38 am, Blogger Shane said...

Your PB excitement was due purely to running induced endorphins ;-) As for your soreness a few days of what you have planned for today will work a treat.

Good to hear that your levels are still increasing, maybe once your training slows down a bit over the Xmas period your body might increase it's uptake.

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

You can't run a half marathon with out aches and pains afterward.

It would make the effort on the day feel less.

 
At 12:41 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Ellie your not alone. My quads are still bleeding inside I'm sure. I can only go down stairs by holding the rail and grunting loudly. My mojo is out the window too, so maybe Thursday before I have a little run.

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Cold bath and skins.... enjoy :-)

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Ah, so it wasn't an ice cream high then?

;-)

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Just think if you weren't hurting you'd be wondering if you ran hard enough on Sunday :-)

 
At 11:39 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

My legs feel great today, but yesterday they hurt a bit. A hard race in the rain will always need extra rest. Best to miss training so you don't injure yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home