slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

hmm

went to sweat training this morning but was probably a little over optimistic about my healing speed and the effectiveness of my new 'pretend its not there' method of cold curing.

felt pretty bad the whole way. 3k warm up, had 5 x 600m reps, did 4 of these, first one was 3.00mins then i decided to jog them... 3.11, 2.47 (but this was on a 500m course because we got kicked off the oval), 3.09. my chest was really tight and i was coughing a lot. i know i shouldn't really run with a chest cold but i just want to get back into it. I am however rethinking the long run tomorrow... it looks like central coast is just going to be a cruisy long run anyway so no point breaking myself in training just to have a long run under my belt...

i love muesli right - and have made some of my own - but whereas 2 pieces of toast will fill me up, even the biggest bowl of muesli doesn't. and you are only supposed to have about half a cup. its a mystery.

9 Comments:

At 9:59 am, Blogger miners said...

oooh - I love a good mystery :)

 
At 11:44 am, Blogger 2P said...

I think the oats did it ;-)

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger R2B said...

because it's good for you?

 
At 6:38 pm, Blogger Kate said...

Good plan re: the half/long training run.

I eat my muesli with yogurt or else I just can't stop- it does help to fill the gap.

 
At 7:27 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hope you're feeling better soon - you really didn't sound too good this morning :-(

 
At 7:50 pm, Blogger running uphill said...

I find the opposite - if I don't have my muesli with fruit I am starving by 10.00.

 
At 8:18 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Sounds very frustrating, hope it clears up for you soon.

I would probably reconsider your long run tomorrow, I just saw it is going to be 38 down there tomorrow, too hot, you will do more harm than good.

lol, I like 2p's comment about the muesli :)

 
At 8:47 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Glad to see you back running Ellie, even if you're not feeling the best.

Just get to Central Coast healthy. You'll be OK on the day. Perhaps some 'short' long runs?

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good thinking for the CC Half if you are still feeling dodgey. Maybe you can help a first timer along.

I'm with you on the muesli thing. When you find out the answer let us all know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home