slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, November 26, 2006

faaaark

because its central coast half marathon next weekend i am tapering (ludicrous as it sounds in light of my month's training...) and only had an hour on today. but i have to say it was one of the hardest hours i have ever done. I covered 9k in the hour (avg pace 6.38) but that doesn't convey the excessive amounts of will power that I had to muster up to keep going. it was literally one step at a time. i felt terrible right from the start. it wasn't my cold - it was dead legs and feeling so sluggish and heavy. ugghhhh.

but i did it and i like to think that perhaps it was my obligatory crap run pre half marathon...

maybe it was delayed onset hangover from friday night? or continuing anyway...

i have changed my email address because some people had told me they tried to email me from my blog and got a bounce back. i have now linked a gmail account - but turns out I had typed in the old one wrong :) sorry!!

my course is on all this weekend - so better get going.

x

8 Comments:

At 12:11 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I remember a couple of years ago Pat telling me that a cold doesn't just affect your energy levels but also the big muscles in the body eg the quads. So that could be why the legs felt so dead.

Delayed onset hangover - DOH! Too funny :-)

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

At least you got the bad run out of the way- now you can rock your half! Enjoy taper- as if that's possible :)

Jodi

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

You'll be fine. I'm sure it was eithe r the DOH, the cold and don't forget you had a massage this week to which affected you last time.

We'll going to have fun next weekend whatever happens, just don't get in my way ;)

 
At 5:14 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, it was DOHFFN. That sounds like something serious!

Have a good taper. Make sure Sean goes easy on you this week ;)

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Just make sure you drink heaps next Saturday night - they say say you shouldn't do anything new heading into a race :-)

 
At 8:11 am, Blogger R2B said...

Ah good timing for a taper Ellie!

Hope you enjoyed your course work and rested up a little?

R2B

 
At 10:31 am, Blogger Gronk said...

LOL. I have nothing funny to say !

See you up there. :)

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger PortRunr said...

I know all about those runs where's it's hard work to keep going. At least it's out of the way now.
Look forward to seeing you sunday :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home