slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, November 24, 2006

bricks

decided it was about time I got on the bike this morning, so decided i would have a go at one of those brick sessions i know I should be doing.

didn't want to push too hard as I'm still not quite right but think i'm well on the way! started out with a ride, 4 laps of the park so about 15k. Then i jumped off, loaded the bike into car, change shoes and hit the road. My legs were cactus!!! i felt like i was running on someone elses legs! it was probably about 700m before they came good. I was extremely surprised therefore to look down and see that my pace was about 5.50!

given that I was only running one lap of the park (3.5k) i though I should try and keep that pace up - and I did - finishing quite puffed at 5.46 avg pace. noice. all up a bit under an hour i think.

i'm actually really happy with that even though I am pretty slow on the bike and find that it hurts my quads!! even the flat bits. i'm not bike conditioned!! might add some lunch time spin classes just to build up some muscles. but prob best not to do too much just yet... :)

coolrunning drinks tonight - should be great! and at lunch time i have a lunch with one of my agencies at Aria - apparently a very fancy restaurant. good day all round i hope - and i'm hardly coughing at all.

7 Comments:

At 9:52 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Have fun at drinkies tonight :-)

 
At 11:13 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Brick session eh ? Well done tri-girl. Been to Aria a few times. Great place if you don't have to pay for it. ;-)

 
At 12:46 pm, Blogger miners said...

superb effort at getting a brick sessoin done. Glad you managed to experience that "just whose legs ARE these?" feeling - it never really goes away :)

Have a great time at CR drinks - is the costume getting a second outing?

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Ellie - enjoy drinks ;-)

 
At 5:09 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Very nice work Ellie. Hope you enjoyed Aria; it's one of our favourites.

See you later.

 
At 10:32 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Have one or five for me ;)

Good brick session. The legs will come good.

 
At 7:25 am, Blogger Kate said...

Have fun! Bricks are evil, but they really do pay off. I try to run every time I get off the bike (though it doesn't always happen, especially after spin), even if it's just for a k or 2. I think it helped- my run split in the last tri wasn't quite as bad as it could have been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home