slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

unexpected cross training

had planned to have a rest (sorry... taper) day today and just walked into work. but i got a bit jealous when all my work buddies were heading off to their kickboxing class in the domain. so i decided to go along! $15 for a casual class and it was great!!! i had forgotten how good it is to kick and punch to crap out of something. even though I have absolutely no upper body or much core strength I felt strong and fit - although it wasn't such a hard session. lots of kicking and punching and ab exercises. unreal! have to get back into the boxing I think - just because its so fun!

just made a great dinner too - chopped raw carrot, zucchini, capsicum with feta, some beans and a little bit of pasta with natural yoghurt and moroccan seasoning dressing!

EDIT - i noticed when we were doing particular sorts of kicks (mostly the push kicks which use the foot whereas the roundhouse ones use the shin a bit more) that i have a sore toe :) sounds ridiculous but strangely painful. So leaving it alone today and not putting it in my running shoes which sort of felt like they might be the problem (i actually felt like my shoes are getting too big. weird).

and miners - I don't know what you are referring to? :P

3 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Blogger miners said...

Wasn't there a sports bra story tied in to this somehow?

 
At 7:22 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Kickboxing huh ?

Mental note: always be nice to Ellie.

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I hope your toe slows you down on Sunday so I can keep up...hehehehe. I actually paid your workmates to make it sound so exciting you wouldn't be able to resist trying some kickboxing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home