slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

i'm rubbish

didn't do my long run this morning. didn't even do a short one. i stayed in bed till 7.10 which is unheard of!! and i felt like crap when I did get up. walking in to work has sort of woken me up but not really.

ok whinge done - now my strategy is to get back to my program starting tomorrow (presuming i have stopped coughing) and not worry about the missing long run. it doesn't really matter how i go at central coast - i'm mostly going to catch up with lots of buddies and have a weekend away. 20 minutes extra on the road won't have too much impact on that :)

9 Comments:

At 10:07 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Best to listen to your body Ellie. Don't rush things.

CC 1/2M will be fun, that's all that matters. I say that cos I'm rubbish too ATM. ;-)

 
At 10:50 am, Blogger miners said...

I'm not sure if you can declare that until you post the photos from the party on the weekend :)

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger R2B said...

hope you aren't in overtraining Ellie.
Everytime i have come here of late it seems your either tired sick or unmotivated.May be my timing perhaps...?

Have fun at CC 1/2

R2B

 
At 3:21 pm, Blogger Jodi said...

Sometimes you just have to tune in and listen to your body. It'll all fall back into place when you're healed.

Jodi

 
At 4:20 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nothing like a positive self image Ellie... you should try one!

You are not "rubbish" - you make "choices".

And if you choose to be a lazy good for nothing layabout then fine :-) Seriously though take care mate and get yourself better.

 
At 5:18 pm, Blogger running uphill said...

Sometimes you just have to 'listen to your body' as my yoga teacher is always saying. Walking is good for you too!

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger David Criniti said...

Don't worry about rushing things dude. Just kick back, relax, and take the time to reflect on all the wonderful things in your life ....like having a job in which you can blog while you're clocked on! :-)

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger Shane said...

That's my approach too for my next event, just enjoy the weekend and catch up with friends. Still a pretty good deal.

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Jen said...

What 2P - and Unc - said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home