slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, December 07, 2006

10k 1.05.something - 6.35avg pace

did it. after everyones lovely comments and scaring myself with the thought of entering the tri I have planned at the end of march it just didn't seem so hard to drag myself out of the house this morning.

i didn't feel great on the run (weak legs, bit light headed - same old) but at least i did it and not as slow as I would have anticipated (i was thinking 7min kms). the mountains (i mean slight inclines) around the park were a bit of a struggle - but then I thought about all of the sweat crew doing big bertha or some such thing and told myself to stop whingeing :)

have my work lunch this afternoon and then a christmas dinner so i am not sure how much training will get done tomorrow morning - but hey - i could turn over a new leaf between now and then and not drink ;)

(oh - and just to punish myself at the end I did about 80m of walk lunges - eek!!! and at the half way point and at the end added 10 jump squat things. farrrrrkkkk)

7 Comments:

At 10:22 am, Blogger Andrew said...

good on you.... :)

time to aim for the next Kurnell event ??

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Yay, she's back in action. I'm away this weekend but after that we'll have to start our Sunday long runs again:)

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Good effort there. "Farrrrrkkkk" indeed.

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger 2P said...

Great work Ellie - good to see you got your mojo back - keep it going mate ;-)

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, punishment alright, those lunges are killers! Well done.

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

I hope that's 80 metres and not 80 minutes. 65-something is a good run Ellie. Keep getting out there :)

 
At 9:53 pm, Blogger miners said...

good girl - but those jump squat thingies sound ridiculous! Don't let me catch you doing those again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home