slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, July 28, 2006

30 mins easy

bit of a funny one this morning. i had 30 mins easy (4k) this morning. had freddy the forerunner fired up but i was concerned because everytime i looked it said i was doing 8 or even 9 minute k's and i was thinking that i must have completely lost all sense of pacing! so i upped the pace a bit and just couldn't see how i was going that slow. in the end i did 4.5 k's and average 6.38 kms - so i don't know why it was saying that i was going so slow? hmmm.

anyway then i walked (about 50 mins) into the city to head over to easy tiger for a massage. again it was painful but i don't think i would actually enjoy a massage that wasn't sorting my musles and tendons and ligaments into their rightful place any more! legs feel good now but will be interesting to see how they feel at the CR 5km tomorrow.

to be honest i don't feel like i have a 5k pb in me for tomorrow. i don't even feel particularly like trying. but that will probably change when i get there :) will be interesting also to see if i can manage to run the 5k back to the start this week!

E

10 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Simlin said...

are you sure you weren't reading 8-9km/hr? being that 9km/hr is about 6.36min/km?

 
At 10:58 am, Blogger Lulu said...

If you were in the park, the trees can play havoc with the readings too. Average pace is more accurate.

Have a good run tomorrow and you don't have to run a pb every time you know... it's just to guage where you're up to.

 
At 11:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your run tomorrow!

 
At 11:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict a PB.

Have fun.

Wildthing

 
At 12:01 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Good luck with your 5km Sat. I was going to run it but I'm doing the Bay Run on Sunday and, well, I'm told old to do two races in a row. ;)

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Of course you will fire when you get there tomorrow. Race adrenalin always kicks in!

 
At 3:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie,

I have read your blog with interest i have just started running and am considering joining a group..i posted in cool running and sweat was mentioned....


It is motivating to see you begin from no running to running and training...makes me think i can do it also..

Belle

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

My Garmin does things like that occasionally, it tells me I'm running 6.30 pace and next thing it says I'm doing 3.30s (which I can't even go that fast in the car).

Good luck with the 5k Challenge. If you really don't feel like hammering yourself maybe there's somebody there that needs pacing that you can help out.

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

phooey. I didn't get your email but I'll speak to you tomorrow at the 5k challenge!

 
At 9:41 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

My 305 has played games like that occasionaly. I find if I stop and let the pace go back to zero, then start running again it will behave.

Short of that start swearing and cursing at Freddy and he will get the message!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home