slow-but-enthusiastic

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

torrential downpours

didn't stop me today!! i was a good girl and headed out at about 5.40 for my 1 hour. It was just drizzling most of the way but started to bucket down about 15 mins before the end. Just to mix it up I headed down oxford st (secretly thinking i could avoid rain by running under shop awnings...) and the around the bottom of hyde park and back. then i sort of looped around my neck of the woods to keep close to home so that i could be inside as soon as the hour was up!!

ok - i will admit - it was not thaaaatttt bad. except for the end bit where i ended up soaking. but there is something truly fabulous about peeling wet clothes off and jumping in a steaming shower!

(i didn't wear my pretty new shoes just in case... :)

EDIT - lunchtime - gym visit. 25 mins on the cross trainer (360 cals) and a goood looooooong stretch.

EDIT 2 - spin class after work. took it pretty easy. realised about half way that it was dumb given that i have hills tomorrow. i have a problem with moderation. you might be able to tell...

5 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Blogger TD said...

Not wrong there about jumping into a great hot shower after coming home soaked to the bone from a run in the rain. Very nice. The most hazardous part of the experience for me, though, is avoiding the wrath of wife and/or children as I seek to sneak from front door - wet, smelly, and looking in need of a good fumigation - to the shower. I have been known to do a strip at the front door (inside the front door that is, lol), which presents a whole new set of problems!

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

Wow Ellie - you really have come such a LOOOONG way in such a short time!

I'm impressed :)

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Hell yes. That's the best part about running in the rain - finishing, LOL.

Wow, that's a HUGE day Ellie. Nice work!

 
At 8:47 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Boy Ellie, what a big day. Are you trying to make us all feel lazy? If so, it worked!

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger BigFoot Marty said...

Nice stuff- thanks or the posting.
Reminds me about calories. I frequently switch recording methods and measures from miles to minutes and today decided to dio a month or 2 where I train for an estimated calorie burn.

Target 5000-10,000..... calories per week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home