slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

yay!

so i got up this morning (forgot about bootcamp actually... oh well it will be over soon and my guilt can cease...)with the somewhat intangible goal of doing some "speed work". (or my version thereof).

went to the park and i surprised myself. For my first lap i was running at my usual pace and then doing surges where i went as fast as i could for as long as i could (i'm going to call it a sprint... but that is a huge exaggeration by normal standards :) ). what i was happy about was that after i did the fast bits (and they were probably between 200 - 600m depending on how stuffed I was) i didn't walk, i actually kept running at my normal pace. that was a big improvement for me!! i didn't time it but it was definitely my fastest lap of the park ever.

then the second lap i did the fast bits but my recovery was walking instead of running. but i still finished it pretty quick.

i felt great after that and had a good stretch. i had some soreness at the back of my knee (on the inside) but i think that is because my legs aren't used to running fast. have also had some soreness on the arch of my foot (not today though) but i am hoping it will go away like magic.

(hehe just like i am hoping that one day i will come into a billion dollars just like magic)

4 Comments:

At 9:17 am, Blogger 2P said...

Hey if it feels good do it Ellie - good to see you enjoying it so much.

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Mandy said...

I'll take a billion over going fast...then I can just pay people to run for me.

 
At 11:42 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Good one Ellie ! Be careful with speed work though. It has been known to be the downfall of new runners. Speed will come as your fitness improves. :)

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Speedwork. I like it.

Sometimes by doing different types of running (fast, slow, long, short) on different days, the soreness doesn't get a chance to settle in one place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home