slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, March 25, 2006

rainy days

well following yesterdays hang over i intended to go for a run this morning before my course.

but i didn't.

and not cause it was raining - because i was lazy.

however, after the whole day of psychotherapy (v intense! theory and practice and some actual pieces of work) i was jumping out of my skin so i went and did a quick lap of the park and a run up the hill home. i didn't take a watch but i felt like i was going really fast (relatively...) - i was surprised that the lap seemed to take next to no time at all. but that could have been more due to the stuff going round in my head.

either way i did finally drag myself out. AND it started raining so technically i have been running in the rain... it wasn't so bad but i was glad when it eased off. baby steps :)

running tomorrow morning with the lovely lulu so no choice about getting up! looking forward to it.

8 Comments:

At 8:54 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Sometimes those are the best sort of runs - when you just get out there and run, with no watch and no preconceived ideas of time. Good for you on getting out there!

 
At 9:42 pm, Blogger Simlin said...

I was lazy this morning too, slept in, but then it got too hot to run so i will have to go tomorrow morning.

Running is great when other things are running around your head so time flies (and so do you)

 
At 11:14 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Ah Ellie, how good is when you wake up healthy the day after a hangover - I reckon it makes the pain of the day before so worth it!

I try to do one run a week without a watch, not caring how far or fast I go. It reminds me of why I run!

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have had a few runs in the rain. One of them was absolutely bucketing down, and I have loved every moment of it.

 
At 10:08 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Lovely to see you this morning and you were running really well. You probably felt a bit tired from doing a run last night as well.

We'll soon have you running everyday ;)

 
At 11:56 am, Blogger Mandy said...

I love rain running as long as it isn't a downpour, and it beats blowing snow!

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

I find running clears the head too.

And don't let Lulu drive you too hard.

 
At 1:08 am, Blogger R2B said...

I absolutely love to run in the rain but i never head out once it has started or people think your a nutter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home