slow-but-enthusiastic

Friday, March 31, 2006

quay side stroll

I didn't do anything this morning because of a 7.30am work breakfast (it was at the Young Lawyers Golden Gavel function which is where young lawyers talk on a range of - hopefully humorous - topics so i didn't mind that so much).

but this lunch i went for a 20 minute run with Geoff. it was very very fast for me. i had no idea how far we went but he thought about 3.5km (felt like 5... hehe) so if that was right it was under 6 min kms which for me (as you will know) is DAMN FAST. but i was scared cause he threatened to kick my ass. turns out i respond well to threats :) i was fine once we stopped although i was getting puffed and petulant towards the end (oops).

anyway i am so looking forward to the weekend. i am doing volunteering things tomorrow but otherwise i am free as a bird and am so excited!!!! a whole day off on sunday! i will hopefully do a longish run sunday (long for me anyway) but as it will be the first chance to sleep in in forEVER i might not...

i watched a show on tv last night (when I also met the lovely wildthing who bought my ipod!) that was called amazing medical stories or something. the first story was about a man with no arms and legs and his prostheses etc - very amazing. the next one was about a bed-bound morbidly obese man who was hospitalised. i was so excited thinking that he was going to have a miracle recovery and then suddenly he died and that was the end of the story. what kind of amazing medical story is that?? i thought it was really sad and i was quite depressed after that. that sort of thing always scares me because i could imagine myself there. it would be so easy for me to just eat crap and not exercise.

but no - crackers and tuna and a run for lunch it is!

6 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Hey Ellie - good for you - always great to up the pace a bit.

I think the amazing part of the story was that we watched it!

Enjoy your Sunday long ;-)

 
At 3:14 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

I squirm beacuse of the way that CH9 portray these unfortunate people as circus freaks in a pathetic grab at ratings. I think I won't watch it next week as my personal little protest. Rant over.

Good luck on Sunday but take it easy.

 
At 6:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could probably say the same about my music. I have everything from opera to heavy metal and even a nice version of Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow Connection - just don't tell anyone!

wt

 
At 10:09 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

So wildthing will be listening to music and not talking next time we run with her. How boring!

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger Mandy said...

Yey an Ipod! I got mine for Christmas thinking I would use it for running, but rarely take it out. Works wonders on the train though when someone is screaming into their cellphone beside talking about who they..hmm anyways I love mine. I must introduce you to CBC Radio 3's podcast.

 
At 12:17 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Maybe the amazing thing was they got to film him before he passed away :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home