slow-but-enthusiastic

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

too sweet to be sour, too nice to be mean

sorry - irrelevant title i just have the beasties in my head.

anyway so i got up this morning, ready for bootcamp, out the door, on the bus, into the office ready to dump my bag and then a little conversation took place in my brain:

"hmm my foot seems to be a little sore"
"no it doesn't you are just looking for an excuse not to go to bootcamp"**
"no really it is much more sensible if i have a sore foot to rest it do it doesn't get better"
"you lazy girl - toughen up"
"nah - i'll just go to the gym and do some weights"
"okay then"

so i went to the gym and did some weights which was great and i haven't done it in a while, but this little episode has caused me to take a(nother) long hard look at myself (young lady...). firstly - the lazy voice in my head seems to win most of the time. this is not good and something i need to think about. secondly - i seem to have become a bit resistant to bootcamp. now one thing that my course has taught me is that we learn a lot from looking at/overcoming our resistances so i need to think about it. i think i am a bit scared of it. which is odd because i always feel great afterwards and did the whole last course but there you go.

speaking of the gym - can i just say that I hate Fitness First Bond St. I am not a huge weight trainer. when i do weights they are pathetic girly ones (but hard for me!). It is entirely possible that when triceps were given out i was bypassed. So going down into that pit of muscle bound grunting men is extremely intimidating!! (its all contextual...) i hate it!! but anyway i did it. it is also not a good gym for boosting the ego - so many good looking girls!

anyway i better get back to killing time at work. 13 work days and 23 days total until the end....

6 Comments:

At 9:18 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Looking on the positive side; you went and did something so you shouldn't feel too bad. Once you get out of the routine of doing something it's hard to get back to it.

You should change gyms and join Elixr with me. You don't see many muscle bound men there. We're all doing Pilates and yoga and stuff. I think I've got a guest pass around somewhere so I should take you along.

 
At 9:25 am, Blogger Gronk said...

I think everyone has that lazy voice in their head Ellie. Well he's very active in mine anyway.

Often when I set out to do 2 laps of the park, he's in my ear to throw in the towel and finish after the first.

I think exorcism may be the only solution for me. ;-P

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Tesso said...

My Fitness Firsts is the same Ellie, so many muscley guys. Hmmmm, not that I'm complaining ;-) I do feel a dag when I pull up beside them with my little girly weights.

But hey, at least we do it - better than not going at all!

 
At 2:19 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

so I shouldn't mention that I was a competitive bodybuilder before I got sick? I was a heavy weight...lots o muscle...got your tricepts somewhere on my hamstrings..lol

And from someone who was a gym rat. I would rather see someone doing something appropriate then huffing and puffing looking like an idiot trying to do to much.

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger Harvie said...

When you hear that voice in your head,tell it to bugger off!!!!

Then go for your run.

Good luck with the new job

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Aki said...

I've got one of those voices in my head. We've had some interesting conversations before. Watch out when it starts talking you into doing very foolish things, it did that to me once in a long run 'hill' 'no, go away' 'up the hill!' 'darn it' *runs up hill* etc, etc, darn voice got me lost and added 30 minutes more than what I should've done.

Still, always nice to know that voice in your head can become positive after a while. You just need to tell it to go away... (As if that works!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home