slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, March 26, 2006

the lulu-nator

well I went for a run with our speedy friend lulu this morning. she put me through my paces again but i really enjoyed it - not least because of the excellent company. i was pleased that i made it to the end with my heart rate reasonable especially with a little hill to finish off. Lulu's friend Garth the Garmin told us that the average page was 6.30 and we went 6.5km so i was very pleased with that. i think i need to get one of those gadgets to monitor my pace a little - otherwise i can quite happily go forever at a really slow pace. which has its place but not every day. (hehe never mind that it was lulu's long slow run and my really fast one!).

this weekend i have seen heaps of CR people in and around centennial park so that was funny - especially as i've met some of them now. i'm not quite game for the CR branding yet but maybe soon...

anyway i have just come home from a(nother) intense day of psychotherapy. today was group process, theory and some supervision which was great but is bringing home the reality of what I am doing! i have a lot of fear associated with making this career change (see I'm talking about my feelings...) but thankfully i am really enjoying it at this point and think it will all come together when it should.

ok enough rubbish from me - i've gotta go for a walk or a run (probably not...) or do something to stop my brain again!!! (maybe i'll watch little britain again - that always distracts me).

7 Comments:

At 5:34 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

I need a name for my Garmin, well other then "come on you stupid piece of &%$# pick up the signal!"

It's good to talk about feelings. I hope to have a feeling one day. Maybe I will get one for Christmas this year. lol

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I forgot to tell you what your programme is this week so I'm sending you an email ;)

I think a walk or some trashy TV is what you need to take your mind off your course. There's a good movie on the ABC later.. from the BBC of course!

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Little Britain is always a laugh, a bit crazy at times, but definitely one I watch every week!

I'm in the middle of doing an assignment for a course I'm doing so I'm surfing the blogs to give my mind a rest!

 
At 7:36 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Ellie you've gotta get yourself a CR cap. There's nothing like being on the recieving end of a 'go Coolrunner' shout to lift your spirits during a run. And wait until you wear it in a race!

 
At 10:15 am, Blogger R2B said...

Ellie it's time for you to get branded!Me too for that matter.
Lets let people know we are coolrunners!
R2B

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Martin said...

I know a bloke who has a new Garmin 301, that could go for the right priceā€¦

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger Spark Driver said...

My Coolrunning cap is great. The cheers from complete strangers are very uplifting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home