slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, March 30, 2006

hills-n-stuff

well no stuff but hills there was!

i decided last night that i wasn't going to go to bootcamp. at least i didn't delude myself and so i made other plans. this morning i got up super early again and at about 5.30 headed out to the park to commence an assault on what lulu has told me is called "big bertha".

i didn't do much warming up except for jogging from my place (about 7 mins) because i didn't want to be exhausted before i started. for some reason i had 10 reps of the hill in my head so 10 i did. it was hard and i was reallll slow in some bits (especially jogging down i took my sweet time!!). but i didn't rest at the bottom for more than 30 seconds and all up i think it took me about 30 mins(?) but i don't really know because i don't have a watch anymore!

i am pretty pleased with that and i think that i could have done some more or could have gone a bit harder on some of them. however, it was pitch black, even when I finished, and i was a bit concerned about falling over in a rogue grass indentation.

planning to do some weights at lunch but we shall see...

EDIT - i found this funny comic and thought this was appropriately running related - (if it works!)

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

9 Comments:

At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee, that sounds like fun! More than what I am capable of...
(Browsing the Blogs)

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger Mandy said...

aww hills! I take my ducklings out for hills in a couple weeks, but first I have this really cute sport physiologist coming in to talk about them...see why I am doing this clinic? And oh don't get me started about the doctor doing heart rate monitor training

 
At 9:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you sister!

I always marvel at those who run several km as a warm up??????

At the moment if I ran that before a hills session I too would be pooped.

A sure fire sign of our running fitness will be when we do a quick couple of km as a warm us before our session :-)

Excellent session though. Especially in the dark.

wt

 
At 10:26 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Good work Ellie. Sounds like your getting fitter. 10 reps is very good.

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work on the hills Ellie but be a bit prudent on that kind of stuff till you finish building up to your goal distances ;-)

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good on ya Ellie for getting out and doing that on your own. Sessions like that are so much easier in a group.

Cute cartooon :-)))

 
At 9:35 am, Blogger R2B said...

Well done!
And that cartoon is hilarious!

 
At 10:28 am, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Good job on the hill work. Something I'm still getting around to doing.
I liked the cartoon. Very runnerish.

 
At 11:32 am, Blogger Lulu said...

10 laps of Big Bertha is excellent and in the dark too! That would have been a bit tricky with all the hill roots and all!

Well done on getting out there and doing it, you've been doing great stuff this week. Who cares about Bootcamp as long as you're running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home