slow-but-enthusiastic

Sunday, April 02, 2006

the bay

well after a rest day yesterday (read - massive hangover and all day volunteering out at homebush followed by much sleeping) i woke up this morning feeling rested but still a bit crap. i had a sore throat, a cough and felt like i was catching a cold. i had decided that it might be fun to go and see if i could run the bay run over in drummoyne but when i woke up (after 12 hours sleep...) i told myself that i would just walk it and run if i felt alright.

my ruse worked and i got myself there and as if i wasn't going to run - at least a bit! in the end i ran the whole way and surprised myself by doing it (7km) in 45 mins whichis under 6.30 per km and without anyone making me go fast!

so i am happy with that. i am needing to go a bit further afield that centennial park cause its getting a bit boring... the bay was lovely although lots and lots of walkers who don't necessarily like moving for runners!

6 Comments:

At 1:02 pm, Blogger Mandy said...

Good job Ellie!

I slept all day Saturday...didn't run...boooo...and not a drop of alcohol to blame.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Good thing you convinced yourself to go for the walk! Bays, parks and beaches all sound very nice places to be running. Plus the Opera House I don't know how you could get bored!

 
At 4:53 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Ellie and good pace too ;-)

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Don Juan said...

The walkers own the footpath and get road rage if you forget.

Ask Lulu for some new runs around the eastern suburbs. Plenty of good ones there.

 
At 9:23 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Hey 7km is good going Ellie ! The outside fence run of Centennial Park is 7kms by the way. See my blog for the map. I think I ran it last week. Its not quite as flat as the bay though, but everyone needs a challenge. ;-)

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done Ellie! Hope you felt better afterwards.

Have you got that CR cap yet? I thought it was stardard attire on 'The Bay'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home