slow-but-enthusiastic

Saturday, March 04, 2006

what not to do...

so after over a week out from running (because of previously mentioned gorgeous navy boy and sore leg) I got up super early for a saturday (5.30am!!!) and hit the park at 6ish. Was feeling great, really refreshed and i had forgotten my watch so no idea of timing which is very relaxing. I decided to see if i could increase my distance a little and i really did. For the first time EVER i did 3 laps of the park. which is 11.1km. Which is more than 10km - which was my first goal!!!!

So hurray for me!!!

However, this is 3.5ish km more than i have EVER run before. and believe me when I tell you that i am feeling it my knees today. i did the last lap on the grass because i could feel my knees, hips and foot starting to ache a bit. Stupidly i didn't stop (and yes - i am very aware of the 10% rule). But for some reason i just thought - stuff it - i am going to see if i can. and i did. but now i am paying for it.

I think that I was in a super good mood which translated to my running because yesterday not only did I get a job offer (thank god), i also got a dozen long stemmed red roses from the gorgeous navy boy. sigh.

but back to running - i have no idea what my time was but my last lap was faster i think cause i was hurting and wanted to finish quick. (doh!).

i am taking tomorrow off running because its my birthday (hmmm....) and also cause i think my knees would kill me. It is also probably time to invest in some new shoes just in case that is adding to the prob.

E

6 Comments:

At 5:37 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Well done on doing more than 10km that's great but steady on there Ellie! I used to do that sort of mad thing and paid for it by injuries. Definitely look at getting some new shoes. There's really good running shop on Clovelly Road and they will look after you.

Nice navy boy eh? I had one of those when I was young. I've got a nice land based man now though :)

 
At 5:56 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Ahoy there Ellie ! Naughty girl for breaking the 10% rule. Well done on breaking that 10k mark anyway. As Lulu said, the Runners Shop in Clovelly Road (or there is also a great one in the Edgecliff Centre above the station) for expert advice on your new shoes.

 
At 1:56 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm glad to hear the quad pain is getting better but try not to give yourself any more injuries!
Happy, happy Birthday for tomorrow!

 
At 2:50 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

There is nothing like running in a new pair of shoes. I bought two new pair this week and christened both of them as well.

Congratulations on the run record. Plenty more of those to come, but do take it slowily.

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger RunDave said...

Sometimes you need to get outside of your comfort zone, so well done on the long run. But make sure you recover well. It sounds like you will get in plenty of "recovery" on your Birthday.

New shoes will work wonders if they are the right ones for your feet. Make sure you get some good advice on this. Also, make sure you only use them for running, and try to keep track of how many km you have run in them.

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Happy birthday fellow Piscean! Hope you had a great day - maybe more roses? *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home