slow-but-enthusiastic

Thursday, February 23, 2006

yay!

So today we had our 6-weeks-on fitness test at bootcamp. It was push-ups(1 min), sit ups (1 min), bridge hold and a 2km time trial. I improved in everything thank goodness!

For the full push-ups I went from 11 to 20 (yay!)
Sit ups from 63 to 71
Bridge hold from 1min25s to 1min50s

and....

2km time trial from 11m07s to 9m37s!!!!

So I improved the time by 1 minute and 40 seconds. Although there was some debate as to the accuracy of the stop watch (it may be out by 15s) and we think it may be a bit shorter than 2km but in any event it is an improvement!

I am going to go back for the next 6 week course as well because i think that it has kept me motivated with running as well as the bootcamp itself and it is certainly pushing me out of my comfort zone fitness wise.

yay!

6 Comments:

At 10:08 am, Blogger RunDave said...

If you use the same course for the time-trial each time, then it shouldn't matter if it is a little bit out because you are running against the same benchmark. The stopwatch being out by 15 seconds sounds a bit strange though. Well done.

 
At 10:27 am, Blogger CJ said...

You did well - you should be very happy with those results!

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger Gronk said...

Well done Ellie !

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Well done Ellie! Dave is right... as long as you run the same course you can compare your time and the improvements :-) Great effort all around!

 
At 5:01 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Yay, well done Ellie. You're worried about being too slow to run with me! I don't think so with that time trial; especially at the moment!

I'll be around the park both days this weekend. I'll wear my CR singlet so I am visible. I'll try and get down there about 7ish.

Have a good weekend.

 
At 11:58 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Just catching up on your past few days or so Ellie. Wow, well done in the Tine Trial etc! What an incredible improvment.

Good on ya. Keep up the great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home