slow-but-enthusiastic

Monday, February 27, 2006

ouch :(

I have posted a question on CR about the curious injury that I have but might talk about it here in case anyone has any ideas. The abridged version is that i felt a twinge in my thigh (right in the middle of what I think is my quad?). Didn't think much of it and didn't feel it in the time trial run. That night i moved awkwardly and felt a sudden burst of pain and it really burned and ached for a little while. That subsided over an hour or so and it didn't hurt when walking or anything like a quad strain from overexertion does. It only hurts when i stand up awkwardly or extend my leg against some kind of resistance.

Very odd and I don't know whether i should run regardless or take it easy till that pain goes away. I have't run this weekend (mostly because I have been at my course all weekend and have been seeing a boy who is in the navy and only in town for a little while!) and don't know whether it is a normal kind of thing.

Any words of wisdom would be gratefully received. My instinct is to not go to bootcamp tomorrow morning but to try a slow and shortish run to see how it goes. (but maybe i am just trying to get out of going to bootcamp... hehe).

Other than that all is well. This weekend was the start of my 4 year psychotherapy/counselling training so very excited about that. I am also interviewing on Tuesday for a new job in the meantime (back to law... gulp...) so fingers crossed and I'll try to get back into the running again after 5 or so days off.

E

6 Comments:

At 4:01 pm, Blogger Katie said...

Maby just an easy run to test how it feels. If there is pain stop and see a physio if it continues.

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Very hard to say what it is without seeing you.. or having any knowledge of physiology either!

I would do lots of stretching and try a short run in the morning. If it hurts stop. If you need a good physio I know one in the City.

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

It depends on how sore it is. I wouldn't do 'bootcamp'. Try a very easy run for 15-20 minutes and monitor it to see if the pain subsides or gets worse. If it gets worse see a physio and get it diagnosed.

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger CJ said...

I second what Ewen suggests - no hard running. See if an easy run hurts and if it does, get it checked out. Its hurting for a reason.

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger Aki said...

I got a weird pain a few weeks ago and stopped running for 5 days or so, I swam a few times, then went for a walk, then a light 15 minute jog on a following day to test it. Turns out it was really just my body crying out for some rest to adjust. Hopefully this is all it is, but be careful running on it!

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger R2B said...

Yeah have a few days rest.Also watch out for those navy boys here today gone tommorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home